What will this blog include?

In this second post on my new blog, I shall share some of the topics that I intend to add to this blog in the coming years. 
In June 2024, at the AGM, I will be confirmed as the new Vice President: Education. 


This will involve me in a variety of activity which I will document here, as well as sharing something of the development of support for education as part of the RGS's work.

You can expect me to talk about the following (and other things as yet unknown) in blog posts over the coming weeks (months and years hopefully...):
  • the work that I undertake in my new role (of course) and the events I am involved in
  • links to new projects and resources produced by the RGS Education team and associated staff and consultants
  • information on the historical links between the RGS and the Geographical Association - over the years, going all the way back to Douglas Freshfield (the first GA President, who was also an RGS President) and others who held significant posts - this will be largely drawn from my work on the GA Presidents blog
  • some work that I hope to do involving the awareness of the RGS's extensive Collections in the Archive and their use to inform curriculum making
  • a look back at my previous links with the RGS and their work, including the Action Plan for Geography
  • images and information on the history of the RGS, and its building at 1 Kensington Gore, London and surrounding area
  • other relevant things that occur over the next few years
Please check back regularly to see what has been added.

Image: Alan Parkinson, shared on Flickr under CC license

Comments